This dozy puppy almost had his last Christmas dinner — after he swallowed a star decoration.
Yorkshire Terrier Charlie found the old Christmas star as he rummaged in
owner Felicity Clifford’s bin.
She thought the five-month-old pup had swallowed a bone — but an X-ray revealed the star. Charlie made a full recovery after it was taken out with forceps under anaesthetic. Vet Robert Newcombe of charity PDSA’s hospital in Plymouth, Devon, said: “I’ve seen odd things as a vet but this is the strangest ever.”