Friday, October 24, 2008

What Six Grade Education Gets You

Jed and Jethro live in the hills, about 5 miles outside of town.
Jed asks Jethro to go in to town to pick up some lumber.
Jethro walks the 5 miles to town to the local lumber yard.
"Jed says we're gonna need some 4 x 2's" Jethro tells the lumber man.
"Do you mean 2 x 4's?" asks the lumber man.
"Well, I don't rightly know, I better go ask Jed" says Jethro and walks the 10 miles to the hills and back to town.
"Jed says we're gonna need 2 x 4's" Jethro tells the lumber man.
"Now, how many 2 x 4's will you need?" asks the lumber man."
Well, I don't rightly know, I better go ask Jed." says Jethro, and again walks the 10 miles to the hills and back to town.
"Jed says were gonna need about 40 of 'em" Jethro tells the lumber man.
"Now, how long will you need them?" asks the lumber man.
"Well, I don't rightly know, I better go ask Jed" says Jethro and yet again walks the 10 miles to the hills and back to town.
Upon returning Jethro says to the lumber man, "Jed says you better give 'em to us for a while
. . . we're gonna build a barn."

No comments: