Friday, November 6, 2009

Dog rescued after getting head stuck in vent

Firefighters had to rescue Daisy the dog when the dozy hound got her head stuck in a vent.
Black and white Staffordshire terrier Daisy poked her head into a round hole which is used as a tumble dryer vent, Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said.
A fire crew from St Neots had to remove some bricks from the outside of the property and then “gently” chiseled away at the area of wall surrounding the dog's head to free her, an operation which takes 30 minutes.
Daisy was unharmed, apart from a couple of scratches to her face which she got trying to free herself.
Kevin Napier, watch manager at St Neots fire station, said: "She even gave us all lots of licks to say thank you.
"She has now been checked over by a vet and given a clean bill of health.''

No comments: