Thursday, February 18, 2010

In the News

Dumbest crook leaves trail of evidence
Within an hour of being charged and bailed over other break-ins, Bendigo man Andrew Bawden, 36, was back in business, busting into cars and houses and robbing offices and a cathedral.
But his one-man crime wave came unstuck when he dropped his police charge sheet at one crime scene.
Two hours later he dropped the DVD of his police interview at another.
"You get crooks sometimes that leave one thing that's stupid. Both things are extraordinary," Bendigo police Sgt Brendon Murphy said.
"From the police perspective it's quite good. We appreciate people who leave this evidence for us."
.
'Why do I need to give my name, I have done nothing'
A 22-year-old man was arrested for resisting law enforcement after he wouldn't tell a deputy his date of birth, according to an Okaloosa County Sheriff's Office arrest report.
A deputy responded to a call of a disturbance at 955 Airport Road around 5:35 p.m. Feb. 9, the report said. When the deputy found the man standing on the sidewalk and asked him what was going on, the man said, "Nothing, I am just standing here."
The deputy asked the man what his name was, and the man said, "why do I need to give my name, I have done nothing," according to the report. The man then gave his name.
When the deputy asked for his date of birth, he said, "7, I am cold," according to the report, but would not provide his date of birth.
.

No comments: