Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Young boy rescued after taking on a dare from his sister

Firefighters were called to rescue a boy in Essex who was stuck inside a washing machine. Patrick Grieves, eight, from The Tythings, Halstead, got into difficulty on Monday evening after being dared to climb in by his sister Jade.
His worried mother, Susan, called Essex Fire and Rescue Service after she was unable to get his out. The fire crews managed to maneuver Patrick so they could get him out without having to cut up the machine.
Jade said: "He went in feet first because he knew that was the only way he could get in and I dared him to do it, so I am a naughty girl."I know I shouldn't have, but my mom has told me off so I have my punishment - grounded for a night."

No comments: