Saturday, June 13, 2009

Man finds $250,000 in street

A man from the U.S.A. found a quarter of a million dollars stuffed into carrier bags in the street - and handed it in.
David Jenks found the money - the equivalent of more than £150,000 - after popping out of his antiques shop one evening in Syracuse, New York state.
"I was walking out to my car for a clean shirt when I saw bags of trash on the side of the road," he said.
When Mr Jenks went to move the bags, he realized they were filled with banknotes.
The bags are believed to have come from a Brinks armored security vehicle.
Brinks managers are trying to determine how the money ended up on the side of the road, police said.
Mr Jenks added: "It's the most amount of money I've ever seen in my life. I'm so glad I was here tonight. I was happy to return the money."
.

No comments: