Thursday, April 12, 2007

Brides Deceased Father Attends Wedding


Bride Celeste Egan carried her late father down the aisle after his body was turned into a diamond.
After Mick Egan died of a brain hemorrhage last year, Susan, his wife of 30 years, decided a diamond would make a fitting memorial.
The stone took 24 weeks to create and arrived the day before daughter Celeste's wedding, in time for her to carry it down the aisle.
Celeste, from Blackpool, told the BBC: "It seemed like the right thing to do for us as a family and for my Dad - we think he would have loved the idea."
Creating a diamond from a body involves extracting carbon from the ashes, then heating it to extreme temperatures to convert it into graphite.
Susan Egan added: "We had to have a blue one because my husband's eyes are blue. I never visualized that it would be so beautiful until it arrived. He is my diamond geezer now. "It was the right thing to do and it just brings me so much comfort that I've got it now to last forever."

No comments: