Friday, August 17, 2007

A couple has eaten the same meal every day for 17 years

Fast food fanatics Lee and Mary Humphrey are really Lovin' It at McDonald's - eating at their local branch every day for the past 17 years. The pair has eaten the same meal - a double hamburger each with a shared large fries - more than 6,000 times and have vowed never to dine out anywhere else.
The couple, both 84, even has their own table at the high street eatery in Eastbourne, East Sussex, and moved house two years ago so they could be within walking distance of the restaurant - which they go to at 11am every day without fail.Mary said: "The staff all know us and have our food waiting when we come in. "We both order a double hamburger with one portion of fries between us, Lee has a cup of coffee and I give him one of my hamburgers, so I have one burger and he has three." "I did once try a Deli sandwich but that was way too much for me."

No comments: