Wednesday, April 9, 2008

World's smallest girl proud of her tiny size

Aged 15 years, Jyoti Amge is just 1ft 11 in tall.The teenager, who is the world's smallest girl according to the Indian Book of Records, has a form of dwarfism called achondroplasia. Now fully grown, she weighs just 11 lb. Far from being unhappy about her tiny size, Jyoti says that she enjoys the celebrity status her height has brought her. I am proud of being small. I love the attention I get."




"I'm just the same as other people. I eat like you, dream like you. I don't feel any different." Jyoti attends her local high school, in Nagpur, India, where she studies alongside classmates of her own age, though she sits at a specially made miniature desk. Like any other teenager, she loves listening to pop music and watching DVDs and even hopes to become a Bollywood actress. She has recently recorded an album with her favourite Indian pop star, Mika Singh. There are more photos here.

No comments: