Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Baby albino wallaby goes shopping

Stephen Rowlands of Tropical Inc, an animal re-homing center of Oldbury in the West Midlands, has been looking after the tiny marsupial after her mother died. He has become a surrogate mom to Millie, the five-month-old albino wallaby, by carrying her with him in a small sports bag around his waist to replicate the comfort and security of a natural pouch. "I take her shopping with me and she causes a bit of a stir. When she pops her head out of the bag, I see people almost crashing their trolleys in surprise," he said.
"Millie accompanies me everywhere, she has been to the dentist, has met my bank manager and has even kept me company while eating a burger in town.""I have been looking after her practically since birth and we have become quite close - it's like having a human baby," he said.
To continue the bonding, he even hangs the bag around his bedpost so he can check on her during the night.

No comments: