Friday, October 17, 2008

Lost dog doesn't speak English

A heartbroken dog owner is appealing for the safe return of her beloved pet.
Eva Stadaniova is fraught with worry after Nikita, her cross breed American Staffordshire and bull terrier, was stolen from outside the Grand Arcade. She is also worried because the two-year-old pooch only understands Czech.
Nikita arrived in the UK two weeks ago after six months in quarantine.Eva, 23, moved to the area from Prague in the Czech Republic three months ago and is distraught about being separated from her again.
She said: "I am very worried about my dog, she is like my child, my darling, and I am afraid for her because she doesn't understand English. I don't know who these people are and I am scared they won't look after her."
Eva, who is originally from Slovakia and now works in a factory in Skelmersdale, bought Nikita two years ago while she was living in Prague.
Eva left Nikita, described as black and brown and wearing a brown leather collar with her name on it, tied to a post outside the Grand Arcade. When she came back the dog had gone.
A frantic search ensued and ended in Wigan Police station where Eva discovered CCTV had captured the dog-napper, a female dressed in a pink hooded top and jeans, on tape.
Eva, of Alderley, said: "I have been looking for her everywhere, I have put up posters all over Wigan and I have been into all the pet stores. I just want her back safe."CCTV footage showed a female approach Nikita, untie her and lead her away to an unknown location and police are treating the incident as a theft.



No comments: