Monday, March 8, 2010

90-year-old Grandma takes on the rapids

A woman in Linlithgow, Scotland, said she celebrated her 90th birthday by going white-water rafting down the rapids of the River Tay.
Gean Hodsdon said she decided to dare the rapids for her birthday Friday after her doctor nixed her initial plans to go skydiving to honor the fact she was turning 90.
"It was great fun and quite an eye-opener. I didn't realize how much safety gear I would have to put on," Hodsdon said of her birthday adventure.
"I like the water normally but this wasn't very peaceful."
Hodsdon, who resides in a nursing home when she isn't daring the rapids of an icy river, said she chose to enjoy an adventurous birthday because the alternative was simply too "tame."
"I don't feel like I'm 90 although my body does. I thought just having a birthday party would be a bit tame," the daring grandmother said.
.

No comments: