Friday, February 29, 2008

Woman gives birth to child nearly her own size

A northern Kentucky woman believes she is the smallest woman who ever gave birth.
Stacey Herald, 33, gave birth five weeks ago to an 18-inch daughter who is not much smaller than her mother.“I'm 28 1/2 inches, head to heel,” said Herald, who was born with osteogenesis imperfecta.
Herald’s 16-month-old daughter, Katira, also suffers from the genetic disorder that causes bones to break easily, but her youngest daughter, Makaia, is expected to grow to average height.
Pregnancy swelled Herald’s belly to comically large proportions, the woman said. “If I laid down, I looked like a snail,” she said, laughing. “That's how big my belly was. I looked like an Idaho potato with arms and legs.”“You couldn't see my feet,” Herald said. “You know, my legs are there you know, but my belly came out so long, that all you could see was a belly with toes."
.

No comments: